Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Texas Military papers 1837 Thomas McMurrey

Republic of Texas Millitary Document.

Know all men by These Presents, that I Thomas McMurrey born in the State of Kentucky aged 21 years, five feet ten inches high, of fair complexion, blue eyes, dark hair, and by profession a farmer do hereby acknowledge to have this day voluntarily enlisted as a soldier in the army of the Republic of Texas, for the period During the War unless sooner discharged by proper authority; do also agree to accept such bounty, pay, rations, and clothing, as is or may be estyablished by law; and I Thomas McMurrey do solemnly swear that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the Republic of Texas and that I will serve her honestly and faithfully against all her enemies and opposers whomsoever, and that I will observe and obey the orders of the President of the Republic of Texas,and the orders of the officers appointed over me according to the rules and articles of War.

Sworn and subscribed to at Vincennes this ninth day of January 1837 before me Willian P Miller??? Signed Thomas McMurrey.

On the back is written No.23 Thomas McMurrey Jan. 8th 1837.