Friday, January 15, 2010

Joseph Garret of Goshen in Chester County, Pennsylvania

“A true copy” dated October 9th, 1792 of the last will and testament of Joseph Garret of Goshen in Chester County, Pennsylvania. The Garret’s were a prominent Quaker family and one of first settlers of the area. Joseph Garrett died January 10th 1792. Signed and sealed by George Worrall.

“I give and bequeath unto my dear wife Charrity Garrett the full liberty and privilege of the whole of the mansion house, and plantations in which I now live / except the part herein after willed to my son Benjamin… Until my son Joseph Garrett shall arrive to the age of twenty one years… “ “[Benjamin] paying thereout unto his sister Sarah the sum of One hundred and fifty pounds, when she arrives to the age of eighteen…” “[Joseph] paying thereout unto his sister Betsey the sum of One hundred and fifty pounds, when she arrives to the age of eighteen … I give… my daughter Lydia Garrett the sum of two hundred pounds gold or silver money… “

Part printed testimonial filled in manuscript ruled in red with embossed seal of Chester County probate court signed by George Worrall.

Ebay Item number:200427194681

No comments: